Printing on silicone rubber surfaces is common in many industries, using pad printing and screen printing.
In general, there are two conditions for silicone gel material:
Solid rubber compound
Liquid silicone rubber
There are six technology processes for the manufacturing of silicone products:
- Molding: Compression molding process is mainly completed by use of models which determine what the silicone rubber will be like. Compression molding is a method in which the vulcanization-containing solid silicone material is first placed in a heated mold cavity. Then pressure is exerted by a vulcanizing machine to force the material into a compressed solid form.
- Injection process: Injection is a quality-demanding process, which combines liquid silicone rubber with the plastics. It is commonly applied in the production and design of health supplies, cars, baby products, medical supplies, diving supplies, kitchen utensils, sealing element and so on.
- Extrusion process: Extrusion is a process that the silicone rubbers are forced under pressure of an extruder. Often extruded products with strip and tubular shape can be cut at your request. The silicone rubber products produced under extrusion is singular in shape, most of them are silicone rubber strips.
- Silicone rubber calendaring: Calendaring is a process which silica and silicone oil is first added to the silicone rubber to generate rubber-compound through kneading and mixing and then the silicone rubber sheet will be produced after the calendaring process.
- Perfusion molding: It is used for smooth or simple silicone products processing, which is a simple process that surrounds the desired replicating products or models by silicone gel or glass plate, then pour the vacuum silicone gel onto the products, after the silicone products are dry and molded, take out them.
- Conformal coating: When using the platinum complex for catalysis, the conformal coated silicone rubber will be non-toxic and flavorless.